- Give your wheels a touch of your own design by adding a bit of colour to the spokes. Shocka allows you to pick from various high-quality SAPIM spoke types, colours, lengths and amounts.
- We don't use heavy low-quality 2.0mm spokes but ones from the Belgium company, SAPIM, which is well known for their high-end durable products. Amongst others, you can choose for instance the D-Light type [2.0/1.65/2.0mm rounded spoke], Race type [2.0/1.8/2.0 rounded spoke] or the notorious CX-Ray type [2.0/2.2x0.9/2.0mm bladed spoke]. This way you won't have to build your wheels with just any brand X spokes.
- Our coating-method is unique and a result of years of experience, trials and specially-built tools. The result, depending on colour, is a thin but well-covering and colour-intensive layer between 0.1 and 0.25mm with very little to no droplet formation behind the spoke head. We are also able to coat spokes with more difficult colours, such as neon yellow. The polymer-based powder-particles are melted together using infrared-radiation giving the coat more elasticity, durability, UV- and scratch-resistance when compared to "normal" paint-coating. Another great advantage is that the coating doesn't change mechanical properties such as the tensile strength of the spoke itself. This remains at, for instance, 1,370N/mm2 for the D-Light and 1,600N/mm2 for the CX-Ray type spokes.
- Take a look at our colour list down below and choose which colour(s) you would like.
- Take a look at our spoke types and lengths list below and calculate which lengths and amount of spokes you need. We recommend ordering at least 1-2 more spokes than absolutely need.
- Sum up all the spokes you require and take a look at our price list below.
- Go to our order page, fill out the form there and send your request. Alternately, you can write to us directly: email@example.com
- Payment can be made through PAYPAL or wire transfer (free of charge within the EU).
- Careful! Screen colours may not be accurate, an RAL colour fan is.
|RAL1003 Signal Yellow|
|RAL1015 Light Ivory|
|RAL1026 Luminous Yellow|
|RAL1028 Melon Yellow|
|RAL2000 Yellow Orange|
|RAL2009 Traffic Orange|
|RAL3003 Ruby Red|
|Anodized-Look Red **|
|RAL3020 Traffic Red|
|RAL4008 Signal Violett|
| Luminous Pink|
|RAL5002 Ultramarine Blue|
|RAL5012 Light Blue|
|RAL5015 Sky Blue|
|RAL5020 Ocean Blue|
|RAL6001 Emerald Green|
|RAL6018 Yellow Green|
|RAL6038 Luminous Green|
|RAL7032 Pebble Grey|
|RAL7046 Telegrey 2|
|RAL9001 Cream White|
|RAL9007 Aluminium Grey|
|RAL9016 Traffic White|
- more colours (allow 3-5 delivery days more)
|RAL1004 Golden Yellow|
|RAL1018 Zinc Yellow|
|RAL1020 Olive Yellow|
|RAL1021 Rape Yellow|
|RAL2005 Luminous Orange|
|RAL3000 Flame Red|
|RAL3002 Carmine Red|
|RAL3005 Wine Red|
|RAL3007 Black Red|
|RAL4004 Claret Violett|
|RAL4006 Traffic Purple|
|RAL5005 Signal Blue|
|RAL5011 Steel Blue|
|RAL5018 Turquoise Blue|
|RAL5022 Night Blue|
|RAL6003 Olive Green|
|RAL6005 Moss Green|
|RAL6027 Light Green|
|RAL7001 Silver Grey|
|RAL7016 Anthracite Grey|
|RAL7035 Light Grey|
|RAL8001 Ochre Brown|
|RAL8004 Copper Brown|
|RAL8011 Nut Brown|
|RAL8012 Red Brown|
|RAL8014 Sepia Brown|
- * other colours are possible, ask us: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Anodized-look is not anodized, special colour with 10% surcharge
- SAPIM D-Light 2.0-1.65-2.0mm j-bend:
- 260mm | 262mm | 264mm | 266mm | 268mm | 270mm | 274mm | 276mm | 286mm | 288mm | 290mm | 292mm | 294mm
- more lengths (allow 3-5 more delivery days):
- 256mm | 258mm | 272mm | 278mm | 280mm | 282mm | 284mm | 296mm | 298mm
- SAPIM CX-Ray 2.0-2.2x0.9-2.0 bladed j-bend:
- 274mm | 276mm | 288mm | 290mm | 292mm
- more lengths (allow 3-5 more delivery days):
- 254mm | 256mm | 258mm | 260mm | 262mm | 264mm | 266mm | 268mm | 270mm | 272mm | 278mm | 280mm | 282mm | 284mm | 286mm | 294mm | 296mm | 298mm | 300mm
- SAPIM CX-Ray 2.0-2.2x0.9-2.0mm bladed straight:
- 268mm | 270mm | 274mm
- more lengths (allow 3-5 more delivery days):
- 254mm | 256mm | 258mm | 260mm | 262mm | 264mm | 266mm | 272mm | 276mm | 278mm | 280mm | 282mm | 284mm | 286mm | 288mm | 290mm | 292mm | 294mm | 296mm | 298mm
- SAPIM Race 2.0-1.8-2.0mm j-bend:
- allow 3-5 more delivery days:
- 248mm | 250mm | 252mm | 254mm | 256mm | 258mm | 260mm | 262mm | 264mm | 266mm | 268mm | 270mm | 272mm | 274mm | 276mm | 278mm | 280mm | 282mm | 284mm | 286mm | 288mm | 290mm | 292mm | 294mm | 296mm | 298mm | 300mm | 302mm | 304mm | 306mm | 308mm | 310mm
- SAPIM Race 2.0-1.8-2.0mm straight:
- allow 3-5 more delivery days:
- 250mm | 252mm | 254mm | 256mm | 258mm | 260mm | 262mm | 264mm | 266mm | 268mm | 270mm | 272mm | 274mm | 276mm | 278mm | 280mm | 282mm | 284mm | 286mm | 288mm | 290mm | 292mm | 294mm | 296mm | 298mm | 300mm | 302mm | 304mm
- * for other lengths, odd-lengths or spoke types such as Laser, Super CX or Leader, contact us: email@example.com
- * if you also require black or silver spokes to build your wheels with same-type spokes (recommended), you may also order these through us.
- All coloured spokes will be delivered with SAPIM black 12mm nipples. If you would like silver or 14mm nipples, please let us know. Otherwise, you will receive black. If you wish, you may also have coloured nipples in the same colour as your ordered spokes. However, we do not recommend using the coloured nipples because a) the spoke wrench might damage the coat caused by high-torsion contact with the wrench's metal teeth and b) the coat between nipples and rim may crack under stress, creating an unstable layer and diminish spoke tension. It is however possible to build your wheels with coated-nipples and get great results. There are two solutions, ask us.
- Price list is per colour, meaning if you wish to have different colours you must sum up the needed spoke lengths per colour and add up the prices (see example).
Prices incl. sales tax (see FAQ for sales tax exemption requirements).
|SAPIM D-Light coloured spokes:|
|D-Light silver non-coated: € 0.75/pc|
D-Light black non-coated: € 1.00/pc
|SAPIM CX-Ray coloured spokes j-bend:|
|CX-Ray silver non-coated: € 2.50/pc|
CX-Ray black non-coated: € 3.20/pc
|SAPIM CX-Ray coloured spokes straight:|
|CX-Ray silver non-coated: € 2.80/pc|
CX-Ray black non-coated: € 3.50/pc
|SAPIM Race coloured spokes j-bend:|
|Race silver non-coated: € 0.50/pc|
Race black non-coated: € 0.85/pc
|SAPIM Race coloured spokes straight:|
|Race silver non-coated: € 0.75/pc|
Race black non-coated: € 1.10/pc
4 blue D-Light spokes in 290mm + 5 blue D-Light spokes in 292mm + 1 blue D-Light spoke in 294mm + 3 red D-Light spokes in 290mm
= 10 blue D-Light spokes + 3 red D-Light spokes
= € 50.00 + € 20.00 = € 70.00
- * for custom-cut spokes ie. odd-lengthed-spokes (ex. 271mm) a surcharge of €0.20 per spoke will be added.
- * if you wish to mix and match spoke types, for instance D-Light blue and CX-Ray blue, simply fill out our order form and we'll automatically adapt the price.
- * certain colours such as anodized-look have a 10% surcharge
- * for larger orders, please contact us, we'd be happy to get a quote out to you.
- We ship worldwide!
Depending on your order total, we offer the following rates:
1-15pcs: € 4.75 *
16-50pcs: € 9.50 *
>50pcs: € 14.30 *
≅ 1-2 weeks
1-15pcs: € 5.90 *
16-50pcs: € 10.00
>50 pcs: € 20.00
≅ 1-2 weeks
1-15 pcs: € 8.90 *
16-50pcs: € 15.00
>50pcs: € 30.00
≅ 4-5 weeks
|USA | CANADA|
1-15pcs: € 8.90 *
16-50pcs: € 15.00
>50 pcs: € 30.00
≅ 3-4 weeks
1-15pcs: € 9.50 *
16-50pcs: € 16.00
>50pcs: € 32.00
≅ 3-5 weeks
|South America | Australia|
1-15 pcs: € 11.90 *
16-50pcs: € 20.00
>50pcs: € 40.00
≅ 3-5 weeks
- * German VAT of 19% included
We will automatically include your shipping rate in our quote but if your country isn't listed above and you need to know the rate, simply ask us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our spokes and powder-coatings are warrantied for processing quality and against manufacturing defects.
However, our products cannot be returned or exchanged because they are custom-made.
This also means that certain distance selling acts, such as parts of the German FernAbsG, do not apply to our products.
- Careful! The spoke holes of the hub must have a diameter of at least 2.3mm (for D-Light & Race spokes) and 2.4mm (for CX-Ray).
- Make sure that the spoke lengths you have calculated are correct before you order them from us.
- Please note that though we can usually have the coloured spokes ready within 1/2-1 week, depending on order volume and workload we may have to push shipping days a little.
Each order is important to us and we will do our best to send the products out on time.
Please also note that delivery can sometimes be delayed because of customs clearance and socio-political situations.
- Q: Ich würde gerne Farbspeichen bestellen, ich verstehe aber nichts. Könntet Ihr Mir helfen?
- A: Klar, wir sprechen Deutsch. Für die deutsche Version, bitte hier klicken.
- Q: J'aimerais commander des rayons couleurs mais je ne comprends rien. Pouvez-vous m'aider?
- A: Oui, nous parlons français. Pour lire la page en français, cliques ici.
- Q: Do you have other spokes or spoke lengths?
- A: Yes, we can offer you a wide variety of spokes from SAPIM. If you're looking for Laser, Strong, Leader, Force or CX Sprint or if you need spokes cut to 1mm length-precision, please contact us: email@example.com
- Q: I need another colour. Is that possible?
- A: For other colours not listed above, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: Which spoke lengths do I need?
- A: Unfortunately, we cannot offer you any recommendations or statements from far away. You either have to calculate the lengths yourself, obtain them per trial-&-error or head over to your local bike shop and ask them if they can calculate the needed lengths for you. We ask you to consider that you cannot return or exchange spokes if you ordered the wrong lengths because they are all custom-made. We do offer the alternative of sending us your hub and rim (we will not calculate using manufacturer-specs, we don't trust them. We will proceed by measuring your parts and precisely calculating the spoke lengths you need. This service costs € 30.00 + shipping. It could end up saving you time, effort an money. For our spoke calculation services, please contact us: email@example.com
- Q: Warranty/Guarantee?
- A: Yes, of course our products are warrantied for processing quality and manufacturing defaults. The quality of our work is very important to us. However, please keep in mind, that if you choose to build the wheels yourself you may void the warranty-agreements for hubs, rims, spokes, nipples and ultimately, your entire bicycle. We do recommend getting your wheels built by a professional wheel-builder or bicycle mechanic.
- Q: What do I have to be careful of when lacing the spokes?
- A: The spoke holes of the hubs can be sharp and edged. Pushing them through can scrape and damage the spokes. You should be prudent lacing the spokes into the hole and very careful when bending the spoke head flat against the hub flange. The hub spoke holes should be at least 2.3mm wide (for D-Light & Race) and 2.4mm wide (for CX-Ray). We will send you further helpful tips with your spoke delivery.
- Q: Is there anything to be mindful of when cleaning the coated spokes?
- A: Not really. The same care for the spokes is needed as your bike does. This means, please do not use any high pressure water cleaners, no aggressive cleansing solutions and only to use soft sponges.
- Q: How scratch-resistant is the coat?
- A: A very good but relative question. Powder-coating does not go inside the material as with anodisation but our polymer-based powder paint is more elastic and sturdy than regular paint. The coat literally holds itself together and engulfs the spoke. We've been using the coated spokes for years on our own and customer mountain bikes; wear or colour deterioration has never been a problem even after years of trail-blazing, jumps, bushes, crashes and washes. However, of course, the colour coat can be damaged and at the spoke crosses, where one spoke goes under the other there may be minimal abrasion but this is hardly noticeable and is of no bother.
- Q: Why are the prices only valid per colour?
- A: If you want many different colours, it is definitely possible but, of course, a bit more expensive. Why? Well, every time we switch colours, we have to clean all tools and workspaces before plugging in the next colour. It's for this reason that lower quantities of spokes per colour is more expensive than higher ones. This means your rainbow-coloured wheelset is somewhat expensive ... but possible :)
- Q: Can I send you spokes to powder-coat?
- A: In theory, yes. The spokes must be new and silver, not anodised. Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: Can I send you other things to powder-coat?
- A: Thank you, but no. We are specialised and cannot promise to offer a satisfying result. There are too many parameters and we have specially-built tools and devises and a particular know-how. Because we do not know if the result will fit our quality demands, we do not wish to offer you trial runs.
- Q: How do I lace a wheel?
- A: The best thing to do is to go to your local bike shop and ask them if they would build the wheel(s) with coloured spokes for you.
- Q: If I have a few coloured spokes, should the other spokes be of the same make and type?
- A: Yes, we recommend it. The spokes should at least be of same make and type for each side of the wheel, just as the spokes should be of the same lengths on each side. The reason for this is that spokes of different makes and types can vary in the way they relay static and dynamic stress to other parts of the wheel such as hub or rim. If the stress-diagram of a wheel is off center and it is taken out on a ride, the wheel-build may become unstable and spokes start snapping or worse. If you wish, we also offer spokes of same make and type in black or silver per piece. Simply let us know when placing your order.
- Q: Can you build my wheel?
- A: To be able to and to be allowed to are two different things. We are a small industrial company, protected under the German Chamber of Industry and the job of bicycle mechanic, wheel-building for end-consumers being part of that job, is protected under the German Chamber of Handicrafts. This is just one of those German bureaucracy things. So, we recommend going to a local bike shop and asking them if they would be willing to lace and build your wheels for you. We do, however, offer our own Shocka wheels for purchase. We have carbon and aluminium MTB and road wheelsets. If you are interested in Shocka wheels, simply contact us: email@example.com
- Q: Why so expensive?
- A: We get this question from time to time. Actually, our prices are quite affordable. You have to consider the following: a) the basic price of the spoke, we do not add anything to this price b) every single spoke must be cleansed with alcohol and powdered, then a batch at a time is radiated with IR and receives a longer cooling period. Our workstation and tools must be thoroughly cleaned after each colour change. Finally, the resulting product is quality-checked. c) Packaging material is needed. d) Taxes are included. We are a Germany-based company, which means we must pay VAT-, commercial- and corporate income taxes. In the end, we all receive something out of it! The prices go down the more you order. So, the bigger the order, the more you save. Ask us for a quote on 5,000 spokes. We'll gladly make you one and you'll save a lot in the process ;)
- Q: VAT, MwSt, EU and abroad?
- A: If you order as a private individual within from Germany or the European Union, we must gather a 19% German sales tax (VAT, MwSt) from you. This has already been included in our listed prices. If you are a non-German EU company with a valid European VAT-Tax number (delivery must be made outside of Germany), we will gladly make the invoice net-priced. If you're ordering as a private individual from outside of the EU (ex. Switzerland, U.S.A., Russia) AND -importantly- you have the products delivered outside of the EU, we can also gladly draw up a net-invoice for you. Please keep in mind, however, that a minimum quantity and a surplus handling charge and/or different shipping costs may apply. Fur further information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shocka Cycling Services | prop. Jeremy Boissel
Raiffeisenstr. 25 | 55270 | Germany
USt-ID: DE285907941 | +49 (0) 6136 9290814
©2017 | rights reserved | descriptions best to our knowledge accurate but are subject to change